Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Death Of The Greatest Ornament

Kimmy and I partook of our yearly Saturday after Thanksgiving Christmas tree trimming. Okay, so maybe we don't have to trim it, but don't you all think that prelit trees are the greatest idea. Our now proudly displayed tree is in the sitting room, and the lights look as beautiful as ever. Our evening then progressed into ornament mode, my favorite part of the tree decorating. Each year for Christmas we have a tradition of buying an ornament for each other. The ornaments are then opened on Christmas Eve, and put immediately on the tree.

Well, about three years ago Kimmy had given me the Second Death Star that lit up, authentically I might add, and said the phrase. "As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station! Fire at will, Commander." then the blast that came from the Death Star in Jedi would sound the end. Alas, I have no idea what happened between last Christmas and this year, but the ornament would no longer plug into the light string properly. I decided to cut the wire off, and now just a Death Star hangs no light, no sound. Now my favorite ornament in the whole world is now silenced as if the damn Rebel Alliance got through it's defenses some how. Maybe this means a new Star Wars ornament is in my future.

"That blast came from the Death Star." - Lando Calrissian

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM EST, Blogger kimw said...

Oh no, how tragic for you! Despite my feelings of sorrow for the loss of what made your favorite ornament your favorite, your story made me laugh (sorry. it was funny! the whole "rebel alliance" thing). Thanks for brightening my Wednesday morning :) I hope Kimmy comes through this year with a suitable replacement.

 
At 9:58 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your tragic loss of animation in your favorite ornament. But I, along with Kim, couldn't help but laugh. That's some funny stuff!!!
-Sam

 
At 8:21 PM EST, Blogger Mike said...

I love you , ornament or not .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home