Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, September 17, 2005

I'm Proud

If you have read Kimmy's post then you know what we were involved with today. I was grieving for my in-law's, since I haven't had the chance to get to know that side of the family.

I have always had respect for the armed forces especially the Marine Corps, since my grandpa served in the Marines during WWII in Okinawa. I broke down a little while watching the ceremony of taps & the folding and presentation of the flag. I have so much more respect for my grandpa and the Marines, not just because of today, but because of what I have read in my researching of the Corps.

I know this is were a Star Wars quote is usually inserted, but I think this is more appropriate.

THE MARINE CORPS MOTTO

?Semper Fidelis? (?Always Faithful?) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM EDT, Blogger Mike said...

I LOVE YOU

 
At 6:57 AM EDT, Blogger Kevin said...

Love You too Mikey Bear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home